Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vacation was fun, but...

Our House in Gulf Shores
For the past seven days (Saturday to Saturday),  I have been vacationing in beautiful Gulf Shores, Alabama. It was a wonderful time of relaxation, along with some much-needed rest.

The weather was perfect for most of the trip. The Gulf was refreshing, but not too cold. However, the best part was the time I had to do things like read a book, think and reflect, or just do nothing.

Speaking of reading, I started and finished Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. As someone who grew up with Apple Computers (from the Apple II to the Macintosh, to the iPhone and iPad) this story really resonated with me.

Jobs was as unstable as he was brilliant. His clarity and focus with regard to product was only challenged by his volatility with people and ideas. While the language is rough throughout (which is to be expected) this book is a must read for anyone who wants to "change the world."

Now that I am back at work, I realize how much I missed this place. For me, doing what I do is not a job, but part of who I am. It is a blessing to not only work at something I love, but to also have the opportunity to make a difference in my world. Not everyone can say that.

It's good to be back.

May the Blog Be With You.

No comments: