Wednesday, July 11, 2012
A Social Media Check Up
Here's a quick reminder and some tips for this Wednesday:
1. Have you tweeted/pinned/Facebooked today? Your audience (no matter how small) is waiting for you.
2. A tip about blogging: We sometimes make it harder than it has to be. While ti should be relevant to your audience, it doesn't have to be long or original. Post a like to a YouTube video that illustrates something for your audience. Offer some insight on the news of the day. It can be done in less than 15 minutes, but can help build your platform. Then don't forget to share the link on all your social media outlets. Consistency is the key to building a platform.
3. From the BPT stance, remember that breaking news is only breaking if we get it out there quickly. A snippet of information is better than silence. We don't have to give them the story we plan to publish, but we can clue them in on the information.
4. Tweeting from live events is cool.
5. Links. Links. Links. Share links to your favorite stories. Also, if there is something of news value that is on another site, it is ok to mention it. People need to know they can look to us for the information, and that we aren't so arrogant to think we are the only ones who gather news of local interest.
Hope these tips and reminders inspire you through the rest of the week :)
Posted by David A. Specht Jr.